Monday, September 17, 2007

Still, Here

Well, that was a nice respite from blogging, unintentional as it may have been. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Toronto, Canada at the moment, on a beautiful sunny day and I plan on heading outside soon. Before I do, I thought I'd update you as to why I have not updated you.

I have not kept up my posts for a while, simply because there was nothing much to report. The band is sounding great, a few new songs are popping up in the set but that's about it. No exciting revelations or dreadful disasters to relay.

I brought my beloved Fender Esquire out on this run and have been spending what used to be blogging time practicing and recording some ideas. I got the Pro Tools rig installed on my MacBook Pro with no problems and have been using the days off to learn the program using Gina Fant-Saez' book "Pro Tools For Musicians and Songwriters". It is an excellent tutorial, focusing on the most needed/useful features of Pro Tools without digging into what is a very deep software app. That is quite a feat, and she does it very well.

I am getting re-interested in finishing my instrumental album this year. I have 3 or 4 songs cut or at least demo-ed, and I think I can work up a few more in the next couple of months. This tour ends at the end of September, and I have no definite plans to do any shows as a tech after that until the new year. I do want to play many shows as a guitarist during that time, and that is why I am getting my songs and chops together out here on the road.

I've charged my camera battery and will start taking photos again, so look for more regular posts on this site in the coming days and weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home