Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Big Bang Galore

Dateline: Bangalore.

Well, the Magic of India was in the air, I guess. After putting their song "A Taste of India" on the set list, the band decided to play the hit single from that album, "Jaded". The multi-talented Russ Irwin is still not here, so Haystack played keys again, but what to do about "Jaded", where Russ plays acoustic guitar?

I offered, they agreed, and I played guitar with Aerosmith tonight. Not on stage mind you, as no wardrobe person outside of a Gospel choir would have anything remotely close to my size. I stayed in my world - in the wings - and banged out the chords to the tune. It was great fun, and Tyler stopped by for a visit during the song to let me know how I was doing. He didn't unplug me, so I guess I did OK. Somebody out here got a picture, I think, so I will post it if I can find it.

Thanks, Steven and band for the opportunity to actually play guitar with the very same guys that taught me how to play guitar. What more can I say?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This message was approved by db for mayor.)

2/6/07 18:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy shit!

3/6/07 02:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

3/6/07 17:40  
Blogger Claypots said...

Way to go Tom. A dream come true indeed.

4/6/07 14:51  
Blogger Charlie said...

...livin' the life.....

5/6/07 10:55  
Blogger Barry Pike said...

That is an awesome story...definitely one to tell the grandkids someday. Congratulations!

6/6/07 07:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home