Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hot Hot Hot

Well, that was fun! 13 plus hours in a plane and I could not get any sleep. I nodded off for 5 or 10 minutes at a time, I guess, and watched the day turn into night, turn into day again. We were expecting a bout with "moderate to severe turbulence", but other than a few bumps and swoops, not much excitement on that front. Saw a few movies, one by myself since everyone else was sleeping. Our stop in Germany was a small airfield, no chance to get off and walk around so we just stood at the foot of the stairs and cooled off a little, then back on for the 6 hour trip to Dubai.

Dubai is hot. Very hot. It was 118 degrees yesterday. I slept until noon local time today (+9 hours from Nashville) and headed down to the buffet, which was chock full of food I could not pronounce or identify. I had some cold pasta and a beefsteak. $40.

We leave for the gig in an hour or so. Load in at 5:00 p.m. when it should only be in the high 90's. The band visited the USS Nimitz this morning, I ran into Brad, Joey and Tom in the lobby. Brad said he wanted to sign up...apparently it was an amazing thing to experience.

Once these two shows are under our belts, and we get to Europe, I'm sure I'll settle into a groove. For now, I'm just showing up at the scheduled time and doing the job, no desire to explore the city in this heat I'm afraid. That may change, but I'm still pretty tired.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it without incident, bro!

Looking forward to the blog posts to come!

Brother John

30/5/07 11:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

10/11/08 18:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home