Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

After the Mexico City show, we had five days off at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. My wife flew in on the 24th and we did our best to experience all that Vegas had to offer.



This is my old college roommate, Matt Saltzman. He lives in Las Vegas these days, and is a lawyer. Matt was the drummer in my college band, "The Quilty" and we had many great times playing gigs. I had not seen him in 17 years, and we had a lot of catching up to do. He delivered a manila envelope full of my hand-written lyrics to songs I barely remember and opened up a lot of memories of my younger days.

He also scored a pair of choice tickets to the Cirque De Soleil production of "Love", based on the music of The Beatles. I can't really thank him enough for that. The show is amazing, the music is even more magical, now that it has been re-mastered and it simply proves once again that the Beatles were the greatest musicians of their generation and most any other generation, in terms of impact on future musicians and society in general. I recommend the album "Love" if you want to hear what talented folks can do to impeccable source material.



We wanted to rent a car to go hiking in the nearby mountains, and they had only two models left - a Town Car and a Lime Green Charger. The choice was obvious. Quite a ride.



We drove the Charger out to the Mt. Charleston Wilderness Area and hiked into Fletcher Canyon.



This is the wilderness area as viewed from the trail.



The trail narrows into a canyon with a stream running through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home