Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Oh...Canada

A short trip to Calgary and Vancouver for two indoor shows in arenas. Great weather and great shows. I guess the layoff did everybody some good.


Calgary, Alberta


Lunch With Jerry

The hotel in Vancouver had a nice beer pub attached, the Beatty Street Grill, so we did not have to venture too far to find some lunch.

Local Beer at Beatty Street Grill

I liked the IPA the best, Jerry had the lager. Gorgeous day, no mosquitos.




Vancouver Public Library

An amazing public library was on the path to the shopping district. We walked through it on the way back to the hotel.


Andy and his Nicorette

Ace Mellencamp guitarist Andy York has been cutting down on his smoking, which is extra tough sitting around after dinner with both crews and the Mellencamp band.


Michael Ramos

Mellencamp's keyboardist. Michael is a great player and sweetheart of a guy.


Dane Clark

Dane is Mellencamp's excellent drummer. He was having a very good time at the pub.


Tony and Julie

Tony and Julie are Mel's behind-the-scenes folks who get things done and make every gig smooth and enjoyable. Great fun to hang with, too.


John Fluevog Shoes

Some pretty funky shoes I found in Vancouver. Apparently, Jerry and his hipster buds have been aware of them for years, but I had not heard of them. I wear hiking boots/shoes and moccasins/sandals pretty much all of the time so these are a departure for me. I think they'll look great at gigs...I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home