Friday, June 10, 2005

A Rainy Day in Georgia

We had most of yesterday and all of today off in Atlanta. Tomorrow we do a 75 minute show on a multi-bill stage headlined by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I know Benmont Tench a little from my days as product manager for Oberheim keyboards. He has been known to sit in with JF on local L.A. shows. I hope I have the time and opportunity to say hello.

Boredom is the enemy on days off. I'm at the Hyatt Regency, in a very nice room, next to a small mall. Sadly, it only took a couple of hours to exhaust the walking-distance diversions before I came back to the room to catch up on reading and e-mail.

I received a nice package from D'Addario today with strings and Planet Waves cables and accessories. Excellent stuff. I needed spares for the two corporate shows in Bermuda later this month. Nothing that we use at those shows will likely clear Customs by the time we need it again, so I packed up a bunch of my personal guitars and both pedalboards for Billy and Bob to use. The trunks will be shipped back to Nashville where I can get at them at the beginning of our three-week break before the second leg of the tour.

Had a steak and salad dinner at the Max Lager brew pub with Jerry Sabatino. Les, Jake, Albert and Rob were already there and the whole group (sans me) went to tomorrow's venue to see Keith Urban. People still talk about the CMT Crossroads that Urban and JF did...it was a particularly good one, I agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home