Thursday, February 07, 2008

Endless Summer

Busy, busy, busy. Well, it looks like my Summer is pretty much mapped out this year. I'm going to be teching the LeAnn Rimes band for her tour with Kenny Chesney. We'll be opening all of the shows, and on 14 or so stadium shows, we'll be joined by some combination of Keith Urban, Brooks and Dunn, Sammy Hagar, Luke Bryan and Gary Allan.

The tour starts in April, so I have the rest of February and March to finish the Tim Carroll record and hopefully get the Cole Slivka project done, too.

Of course, I'll be working on the next Donna Beasley record all year long. I picked up a few new toys from M-Audio to help me make better tracks.

A matched pair of their new Pulsar II small-diaphragm condenser mics should improve my drum overheads and acoustic instruments in general.

The highly-rated Sputnik all tube large diaphragm mic is my new go-to vocal mic.

The Music Production Toolkit
for Pro Tools M-Powered gives me more track count and more plug-ins, as well as an MP3 export option.

The new Studiophile Q40 headphones are amazing...sounds like studio monitors: plenty of bass, great imaging, un-hyped highs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home