Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What You Don't See

Joe Keiser, the monitor engineer for Keith Urban on this tour, did a time-lapse video of a typical load-in and set up for an Urban show.

Says Joe:
" I shot that from 8am until 6:30 pm (doors) took a shot every 30 seconds and then dropped it in Final Cut and set a picture at each frame (30 Frames a second)"

This is what we do before y'all get there...



Rough sequence of the video:

1) Points are hung by riggers
2) Lighting trusses and stage are rolled in
3) Stage is built in foreground
4) Trusses, P.A. and video wall are flown
5) Stage is set with backline (hey, that's me!)
6) Stage is pushed into position
7) Stage is wired for power and audio
8) Line check and sound check
9) Chairs are put on floor by venue crew
10) Lights are focused

6 Comments:

Blogger mr coffee said...

unbelievable...

26/8/09 09:06  
Blogger Just Jay said...

yep, unbelievable about covers it!

27/8/09 21:25  
Anonymous Jay Jordan said...

boy I remember when Merle played with just a Martin and the Strangers....mighta had one spot light....

3/9/09 21:02  
Blogger Lynn said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying your blog for a long time. I just never let you know. I'm a Christian singer/songwriter in the Atlanta area. Not too much into the sound side of things because I don't have the ear for it. Anyway, keep it up. I find your writing interesting and informative. Here's my music,,,http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=899216

and my blog,,,http://elmulkey.blogspot.com/

10/9/09 07:51  
Blogger Patrick said...

Wow, incredible seeing the stage moved like that. Really cool video!

11/9/09 19:17  
Anonymous Chris said...

I hope you can help me out. I roomed with Joe Keiser at The Recording Workshop in 1989. We played a few sessions together and I would love to reach out to him. Do you know how I might reach him? Any help is much appreciated!
Chris

12/5/10 11:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home